Thursday, October 23, 2014

10 Things Every Child With Autism Wants You to Know

Last night I got mad at Eli, I went out for a little bit to buy something at the store and when I got back I saw his face all covered in tan colored liquid all up to his arm and shirt. When I went to his room, I saw my make-up wallet opened and the BB cream splattered on the side of his toy box. Not a fun thing to see especially that I've already washed him and prepared him for sleep.

With all this happening, I felt overwhelmed as I still need to wash the dishes but the thought of need to clean up first and take him to another shower. I gave him a bath again, but while doing it, I was saying things to him bout how mad I am for what he did. I was rough on him. He cried as if he understands that I am mad, I just don't know if he figured what I was angry about.

I changed him after his bath, and he lied on the sofa. After doing the dishes, I noticed he fell asleep on the living room. I picked him up and made him pick up all the toys that are scattered in his room. I helped him quite a bit with it. After all the toys have been packed away on his toy box, I placed him on top of the bed, and gave him praise for finishing the task. He smiled. I thought, "poor boy, horrible mama."

I kissed him to sleep and told him gently what my acting out was all for, though I never hear anything from him, but I can sense he has forgiven me.

I wish I can do better than just scolding my son. I'm glad to have found this video clip today. Having Eli makes me find things that I have to be reminded about. Patience is all I need to exercise. Patience and more patience and that I love him so much.




No comments:

Post a Comment